Before you start reading this list, I want to say that there is no rhyme nor reason to the order of things. I write this post over the course of the week as things pop up and so sometimes the important things (see #3) end up in the middle rather than at the top. Yes, that goes against everything I ever learned in English and Writing classes but that’s just the way it is around here – my blog, my rules! 🙂 The reason I mention this now is so you all know that the list is not in order of importance or relevance, it’s just the way the week went! So enjoy and read them all – don’t skip the middle parts!
1. I signed up for this class as soon as I heard about it. I missed the first one and kicked myself over it so I’m really looking forward to this new one!
2. I’ve been given a couple of blog awards in the past week or so. I never really know what to do with those (they almost make me uncomfortable, is that weird?) but it’s exciting that people like me – they really like me! More on those next week.
3. I came across this in the WordPress Freshly Pressed blog post. Awesome post. Go read it. Now. I’ll wait! 🙂
(Musak playing, Jeopardy theme song playing…)
Did you read it yet? Good! Moving along…
4. Last November I had a card published in Create: Christmas Cards. But I haven’t submitted anything since. And because all the calls right now are for September/October that means it’s been almost a year since I’ve submitted anything. Time to get back on that horse, I think!
5. One reason I haven’t been trying to get published is that I’m doing very few scrapbook layouts or cards, apart from the ones for Simple Scrapper, and have been concentrating on canvases and mixed media. Here’s a peek of a canvas I did for a blog hop next week and for a class I’m teaching at The Paperie retreat at the end of the month. I like it so much that I might actually make something else for the blog hop and submit this – we’ll have to see.