, , ,

My kiddies had a party to go to this past Sunday and at the last minute I realized that I didn’t have a card made – of course!

So I went looking through my stash and found…. nothing. Zip. Zilch. I was plum cleaned out. Of course.

But, I found a couple of great card fronts I had made months, maybe years, ago and forgotten about. And there was a perfect one for a party. I stuck it to a premade base and called it good.

fill this day card

For the life of me I can’t quite remember exactly how I made it but I believe it was Distress Ink pressed on a craft sheet, misted with Perfect Pearls (back before they made it in a mist form and we had to make our own – hard times!) and then the paper was swiped through the puddles.

I think I was testing out the different colours of the powder and seeing how everything reacted. The background is super shimmery blue, which I couldn’t get a decent picture of, and the flowers are all punched circles from scrap pieces that have a variation of Distress colours and mist. All the stamps are from a Papertrey Ink set.

I really like the end result so I’m thinking I may have to try it all out again and see what happens – at least I’ll have some cards ready for the next time I need them!