Tags

, ,

I wanted to play with my Distress Paints a little and so had some fun blending, spraying, drying, adding – until I liked what I had. So then what?

I pulled out a stencil at random, an awesome Dina Wakley one, and smeared light molding paste over it. Since the paint had a couple of not-quite-dry spots, I ended up with this gorgeous tint in the paste. Much better than the stark white would have been!

perfect

A few flicks of a darker shade in mist and then I was stuck for a sentiment. As I looked around I found a scrap of sewing pattern tissue and that worked perfectly once it was adhered with multimedium. Just a hint of colour but still super translucent.

And the texture of the hearts once the molding paste dried is awesome sauce:

perfect - texture

Ah, molding paste, I really love you – I think you’ll be showing up on a lot of cards this year!

S.

Advertisements